You are purchasing RISMedia's Premium News Service, which disables interstitial (“popup”) advertisements from appearing on RISMedia.com. You are agreeing to purchase this service for $59.95 per year. Advertisements will remain on the website in traditional static locations such as top banner ads, end of article banner ads, and other standard sizes positioned around the website theme and in accordance with section 7 of this policy below.
1. We gather the following types of information needed to process your transactions, fulfill your requests and maintain our membership records:
• Contact information you provide (i.e., personal and business addresses, e-mail address, phone and fax numbers, firm affiliations and titles)
• Information you volunteer, via applications or surveys (i.e., education, designations, specialties and general demographic data)
2. We use this information to:
• Improve and customize the content and layout of our sites and other communications tools, such as RISMedia's Real Estate magazine online and in print
• Compile our annual Power Broker Survey & Report
• Notify you of relevant products and services
• Notify you of upcoming events and programs
• Compile specialty directories about which you will be made aware
• Track usage of our sites
3. RISMedia does not share, sell or trade e-mail addresses with any unauthorized partners of RISMedia, but may provide you with online informational or marketing messages that have been approved by RISMedia for the purposes described in Part 4 of this policy.
4. We will not share, sell or otherwise provide other information about you to third parties, except for:
• Exhibitors at RISMedia's Leadership Conference trade show for the limited purpose of contacting you one time immediately before and after trade shows, through marketing vehicles approved by RISMedia.
• Our Annual Power Broker Survey and Report: By participating in the survey the participant agrees that in return for recognition of their ranking, the information provided will be made available in print, online and for purchase as part of our Annual Power Broker Report. RISMedia is not responsible for how said information is used by purchasers of the report. We do encourage purchasers to offer participants a way to Opt-Out of their solicitations.
• When required by law or valid legal process, or to protect the personal safety of our members or the public
• Some or all of the data collected during promotions or contests on our sites that are sponsored by third parties may be shared with the sponsor for the limited purpose of a one-time marketing follow-up by the sponsor. If information about you will be shared with a sponsor you will be notified prior to your participation in the promotion or contest and you can decide not to participate in the promotion or contest.
• To offer subscribers participation or enrollment in value-added, complimentary partner offerings.
5. Credit card information that you and credit authorizers provide when you make payments by credit card or electronic check for products, registrations or other services via RISMedia's Web site will only be used to process the transactions you request. This information will be provided to and maintained by reputable credit reporting databases, but will never be sold, shared or provided to other third parties.
6. We use a strict Opt-Out policy for sending online notifications regarding services, products and programs. You may opt out of our Daily e-News by selecting the unsubscribe feature at the bottom of the Daily e-News e-mail or by e-mailing email@example.com.
8. All content submitted to RISMedia for publication is considered proprietary to RISMedia and may be used in any of its product and services, including but not limited to RISMedia’s websites, e-newsletters, content licensing or membership-based network platforms including RISMedia’s Real Estate Information Network® (RREIN), Top 5 in Real Estate Network® and REsource Real Estate Content Solutions.
RISMedia may store, resize, copy, distribute, transmit, display, reproduce, transfer, access the submitted content for any purpose that RISMedia considers necessary, in its sole discretion. RISMedia may use the content as necessary, in the opinion of RISMedia, for the promotion of its websites and services.
Unauthorized Use. All content published on RISMedia.com is property of and copyrighted to RISMedia, Inc. and the Relocation Information Service, Inc. and may not be used in any way or reprinted without the expressed written permission from RISMedia. Any unauthorized use of content published on RISMedia.com will be subject to prosecution and the user will be liable for any damages that occur as a result. Unauthorized use of the RISMedia.com website, content, or our systems, including, but not limited to, unauthorized entry into our systems, misuse of passwords or misuse of any other information, is strictly prohibited. Access to and use of password protected and/or secure areas of the website is restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized persons attempting to access these areas of the website may be subject to prosecution. You may not use the website or the content in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any RISMedia website or service or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the website or the content. You shall not introduce, nor permit any person to introduce into the website or content, any code or malicious or hidden mechanisms that would impair the operation of the website or content, or of cur computers, networks, or other devices or software. We reserve the right to disable any unauthorized links or frames and specifically disclaims any responsibility for the content available on any other websites linked to our website.
What is CVV2?
CVV2 is an important feature ensuring security when you are using your credit card for transactions on the Internet and over the phone. "CVV" is an abbreviation for "Card Verification Value". For Discover Card the same thing is called the "Cardmember ID".
Most credit cards, such as *Visa*, *Mastercard*, and *Discover*, have a three-digit CVV2 number printed in the signature space on the back. For American Express, the CVV2 (or CID) code is the four-digit security number located on the front of the card above the number and it is printed flat, not embossed like the credit card number. It is always the last group of numbers in the signature space on the back of the card. Please keep in mind that it is NOT part of your regular credit card number.
The CVV2 is a means of fraud protection that helps validate two things: that the customer has the credit card in their possession and that the credit card number is legitimate.
By preventing fraud CVV2 helps keep costs down for everyone.
RISMedia's Premium News Access - Popup Ad Free
Yes, upgrade my news access to Premium for $59.95 per year (that's less than $5 per month).